5 Things To Consider While Buying Tech Backpack
5 Things To Consider While Buying Tech Backpack
While choosing a tech backpack you need to keep in mind your needs regarding the backpack. If you are a student, then you might want more pockets with a slot to keep your laptop. Businessmen look for anti-theft features so that they can secure their valuables. Similarly, your requirements for a tech backpack may differ from others.
Here are some of the basic things that you should consider while buying a tech backpack because these backpacks don’t come cheap so you should have all the knowledge.
1. Size Of The Backpack
If you are deciding to buy a tech backpack, then you must have a need to fit your gadgets inside it. It makes sense to buy a backpack that will easily fit your laptop or tablet. If you have a 15” screen laptop, then you should get a backpack with at least 16” pocket space.
Apart from that, the backpack should not have a large space for your gadgets to slip around while you’re walking.
You should find a backpack that will fit the largest device that you have. You can invest in backpacks with specialty compartments to hold your small gadgets like a smartphone, camera, charger, power bank, etc.
2. Number Of Ports
The backpack that you buy should have enough ports as per your requirements. If you are a student who needs to charge his/her phone while in class, then a backpack with one USB port is enough.
On the contrary, if you want a high-powered backpack that can carry and charge all the devices of your family on a trip, then you will need a tech backpack with 4 or more USB ports.
Consider the number of devices that you need to charge before choosing the final backpack.
3. Size And Strap Adjustment
You should make sure that your tech backpack fits your size needs and has strap adjustments that fit you perfectly.
Here are some of the backpack sizes that are available in the market:
- Waist-length: These backpacks stay at your waist’s length, starting from your neck to your hips. This is the ideal size for tech backpacks that are perfect for 16” laptop screens.
- Torso-length: These backpacks cover the entire torso region. They generally start at the neck and go up to your back’s end. Torso-length backpacks are ideal to carry a lot of gadgets at a time.
- Extra-long: These backpacks are large and ideal for heavy-duty traveling. They may not have a lot of tech features, but they do include one USB port.
4. Amperage And Age Of USB Ports
The age and amperage of the USB ports won’t affect the new electronic gadgets. However, if you own older models of gadgets that require unique power, then you have to check the specifications of the tech backpack’s USB ports.
There are 4 different types of USB chargers that give different charging speeds and are compatible with different devices. You should get a backpack that has one 3.0 port and one 3.1 port.
5. Waterproof or Water-Resistant
Most tech backpacks are made with waterproof or water-resistant materials. Make sure that the tech backpack you buy has a waterproof feature so that your gadgets don’t get damaged due to rainwater.
If the backpack you buy is made up of water-resistant material, then it will keep your gadgets secure from rain or snowfall. However, if your tech backpack is made up of waterproof material, then you can be stress-free even if your bag falls inside a lake.
Our Pick: Ghostek NRGbag Pro Tech Backpack
If you are looking to buy a tech backpack, then you can have a look at the NRGbag Pro, which is our favorite pick.
It is difficult to find the perfect tech backpack because there are tons to choose from. Here is where the NRGbag Pro comes in. It gives the ultimate experience of using a tech backpack.
The NRGbag Pro can be used by both men and women to take to the office, school, trips, or camping. It is designed with multiple pockets and adjustable straps for comfort. The sleek look of this tech backpack makes your bag look small even after being completely packed.
It is easy to carry this backpack, no matter what the weight of the bag is. The adjustable straps allow you to position the backpack according to your comfort. The cross-check locking strap provides extra support for carrying the fully packed backpack.
The back padding allows the air to flow through so that you don’t get sweaty while the backpack is on your shoulders. The built-in stretchable back strap allows you to carry the backpack on your luggage while traveling.
The NRGbag Pro is loaded with pockets galore which makes it easy for you to compartmentalize your items. There is one large pocket to carry your laptop that fits a 16” laptop easily. There are other smaller pockets to hold pens, water bottles, and much more. There are zipper pockets as well.
Let’s have a look at some other stunning features of this tech backpack.
- Anti-theft Pocket: Secure your valuables in the anti-theft back pocket
- USB Charging Slot: Offers quick and easy charging using a power bank
- Adjustable Straps: This allows you to adjust the length of the straps for comfort in carrying the backpack
- Side Pockets: You can store the small items in the side pockets so that you don’t have to go through the entire bag to find one small thing
- Water Bottle Holder: Comes with a side pocket for holding a water bottle
- Laptop Compartment: Lets you hold laptops of 13”, 14”, 15”, 15.6”, and 16”
- Back Padding: Allows air to pass through and prevents sweat from rolling down your back
- Top Pocket: To keep your sunglasses protected
- Warranty: This backpack comes with a warranty of one year
- Colors: There are two colors available in this tech backpack which are Jade Black and Nardo Grey
If you decide to get a tech backpack for yourself, then keep the things that we mentioned in mind before you finalize the backpack. The key to buying the perfect tech backpack is that it should meet all your requirements.