- State of the Art Dual Layer Construction
- Advanced Shockproof & Drop Protection
- Slim Thermoplastic (TPU) Full Body Skin
- Polycarbonate (PC) Bumper - Shock Barrier
- 2x Military Grade Standard Drop Tested
- Raised Bezel for Extra Screen Protection
- Unique Diamond Grip + Chrome Finish Buttons
- Buttons, Ports & Controls Are Easily Accessible
- Supports Wireless Charging
- Touch ID Fingerprint Compatible
- 6 Trendy Colors to Choose From
- Shock Absorbing Method: Upon Contact with the Case, the Impact Resonance Travels Along the Strong Polycarbonate (PC) Frame & Is Absorbed Through the TPU
- Ghostek's Limited Lifetime Exchange Warranty Included
Weekend outings are critical to help you relax and rejuvenate the mind and body. After a long time I decide to take the kids to the zoo. Both kids love wildlife but rarely get the chance to see animals or birds up close, except on TV.
The zoo is far away so we will just make a day out of it. I did not take any camera as I had my newly bought iPhone 8 Plus with me that has a military grade protective cover that seems to raise cell phone cover standards to a whole new level – I happy with this purchase. It is called the Ghostek iPhone 8 Plus Clear Protective Case Cloak 3 Series cover to be exact.
We reached the zoo around 9 in the morning and the weather was agreeable. The kids were very happy – this was a strategic decision on my part as well since there was not any soccer or baseball now. The zoo was huge and we chose to check out the reptiles section first which was at one end of the periphery.
I was taking snaps all day of the birds, animals, and reptiles. Both my kids were delighted and they were overjoyed when they saw the peacock and macaw. They also loved the black and polar bear which was the first time for them ever seeing giant fur balls like that.
We were approaching the carnivorous animal section in the zoo (yes, the polar bears were in another section though – I know they are carnivores). After see the tiger and panther we reached the enclosure where African and Asiatic lions are kept. One of the lions was resting close to the net barrier and I wanted to take a shot from up close.
As I was about to tap the shutter the lion sat up with a loud roar. I got startled and one of the kids knocked my hand out of fear. The phone was dropped onto the ground and flipped itself into some wet dirt. Some people backed up but then realized they were protected. Nonetheless, a little girl started to cry and some children wanted to leave. Mine did not but they realized these animals are not all friendly. They need to be respected.
An excellent lesson was learned that day and I learned my protective and water resistant case is no joke.
This is because thankfully, there was no scratch or dent on my phone and its thin TPU case is water resilient and take on cement and come out OK – like it never happened! The rugged and resilient armor of this vintage case saved it proving this technology of silicone and aluminum is fantastic.
I could probably even go swimming with this tactical case but we do not want to go swimming with any lion!
Designed by Ghostek in New York
- Recently viewed products
- You may also like